We are able to offer emergency appointments on most days. The fee for this appointment is £100
To book these appointments please contact the surgery by Email/ Phone or the contact form on the site.
The appointments will need to be paid for at the time of booking over the phone by credit card. A receipt can be provided at the time of the appointment.
The purpose of the appointment will be to address and stabilize the complaint and most importantly control any pain. We will endeavor to provide a permanent solution however you will be informed of any further work required to address the problem.
An emergency appointment is not a substitute for a complete Oral Health Assessment and only the complaint will be dealt with. Further appointments can be arranged if a complete assessment is wanted or required.
Examples of an emergency appointment include:
- A simple filling has been lost – this usually can be replaced with a permanent filling.
- An abcess has developed and root canal therapy is needed – the affected tooth will be dressed, stabilized and made pain free – further work will be quoted for or your own dentist can continue with treatment.
- A crown has come off – it will be recemented if possible – otherwise a temporary crown will be constructed.
- A wisdom tooth has become infected – it will be assessed and treated with antibiotics. Extraction if needed may require a full assessment and xrays.
- If a routine extraction is required this may be completed during the emergency appointment.
If a denture has broken this will not be able to be repaired on that day and may require the denture to be sent to a laboratory for repair. This could take 1-3 days.
NHS patients are not registered with a dental practice. However, patients seen at our practice in the previous 3 months should telephone the practice and we will arrange for patients to be seen as soon as possible.
OUT OF HOURS
For all patients the Local Health Authority operates an emergency service. This is available Monday to Friday from 6.00 pm until 8.00am the next day. The service is also available on weekends and public holidays. In order to access the service, telephone 029 20 444500.
How to find us
(We are closed for lunch 1pm -1.30pm)
Out-of-hours Emergency Cover
Whenever possible, please contact us during normal surgery hours. In extreme emergencies more details can be found below.