Target Audience: All team members
Length: Half day if booked with courses below or Full Day with scenario based learning.
To increase the participants’ knowledge of the nature and importance of communication in general practice and to increase their communication skills through practical scenario based learning.
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Understand the importance of good communication in general practice.
- Understand statutory & regulatory obligations regarding patient communication in general practice.
- Summarize the ‘process’ and different ‘means’ of communication.
- Identify internal & external factors which impact on communication.
- Identify & understand the importance of various verbal communication skills.
- Identify & understand the importance of various non-verbal communication skills.
- Use verbal or non-verbal communication skills, more confidently in practice scenario based interactions.