Park Place Dental Practice – Your Trusted Destination for Dental Implants in Cardiff
Welcome to Park Place Dental Practice, your premier dental clinic in Cardiff, where we take pride in providing top-notch dental implant services to restore your smile with confidence. If you are seeking reliable and effective dental implants in Cardiff, you’ve come to the right place.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a revolutionary dental treatment designed to replace missing teeth and restore both function and aesthetics. They consist of titanium posts that are surgically inserted into the jawbone to act as artificial tooth roots. These implants serve as a sturdy foundation for dental crowns, bridges, or dentures, offering a long-term and natural-looking solution for those with missing teeth.
The Dental Implant Process
At Park Place Dental Practice, we believe in providing transparent information to our patients, empowering them to make informed decisions about their dental health. Let’s take you through the step-by-step dental implant process:
- Initial Consultation: Your journey begins with a thorough consultation with our experienced dentist. During this visit, we will assess your oral health, discuss your dental goals, and determine if you are an ideal candidate for dental implants.
- Treatment Planning: Once you’re deemed suitable for dental implants, our qualified team will create a personalized treatment plan tailored to your specific needs. We’ll take into account factors such as the number of missing teeth, jawbone condition, and overall oral health.
- Surgical Placement: The next phase involves the surgical placement of the dental implants into the jawbone. Our experienced implant team will use advanced techniques and technology to ensure precise implant placement for optimal results.
- Healing Period: After the implants are placed, a healing period follows, during which osseointegration occurs. This process allows the implants to fuse with the surrounding bone, creating a strong and stable foundation.
- Abutment Placement: Once the healing is complete, abutments (connector pieces) are attached to the implants, protruding above the gumline. These abutments will eventually hold the dental prosthesis in place.
- Final Restoration: The final step involves attaching custom-made dental crowns, bridges, or dentures to the abutments. These restorations are meticulously designed to blend seamlessly with your natural teeth, giving you a beautiful and functional smile.
The Ideal Dental Implant Candidate
Dental implants offer a life-changing solution for many patients, but not everyone may be an ideal candidate for this procedure. The ideal dental implant candidate will tick as many of these boxes as possible:
- Good Oral Health: Candidates should have good overall oral health, including healthy teeth and gums.
- Non-Smoker: Tobacco use can significantly impact the success of dental implants. Non-smokers tend to have better healing and success rates.
- Committed to Oral Care: A candidate should be committed to maintaining excellent oral hygiene and attending regular dental check-ups to ensure the longevity of the implants.
- Good bone density: A good candidate for dental implants will have sufficient bone in the jaw for the implant to be placed in. Patients without enough bone may require bone grafts or other implant procedures such as zygomatic implants where the implant is rooted outside of the mouth.
Frequently Asked Questions about Dental Implants in Wales
How much are dental implants in Wales?
The cost of dental implants in Wales can vary depending on several factors, such as the number of implants needed, the type of restoration used, and the complexity of the case. At Park Place Dental Practice, we offer competitive and transparent pricing for our dental implant treatment. To get an accurate estimate tailored to your specific needs, we recommend scheduling a consultation with our experienced dentists.
That said, the typical cost of dental implants in the UK can range from £1,000 to £3,000 per implant. However, it’s essential to consider that the total cost may include additional expenses, such as the cost of the restoration (crown, bridge, or denture), any necessary implant surgery, and the expertise of the dental team. During your consultation at Park Place Dental Practice, we will provide you with a comprehensive treatment plan and a clear breakdown of the associated costs.
Do I qualify for dental implants on the NHS?
The availability of dental implants on the NHS (National Health Service) is limited, and eligibility criteria may vary depending on your specific circumstances. Generally, dental implants on the NHS are more likely to be considered for cases involving medical necessity, such as tooth loss due to accidents, trauma, or medical conditions. For a definitive answer on your eligibility, we recommend discussing your individual case with our dentists during your consultation.
In most cases, dental implants are not fully covered by the NHS. However, if you qualify for NHS dental treatment, you may be eligible for partial coverage or financial assistance for certain aspects of the implant procedure. Our team at Park Place Dental Practice can guide you through the available options and help you understand any potential NHS contributions toward your dental implant treatment.
Is implant surgery painful?
Dental implant surgery is performed under local anaesthetic, ensuring you experience little to no pain during the procedure. Some mild discomfort and swelling may be expected after the surgery, but this can be managed with pain medication and proper aftercare.
How long do dental implants last?
With proper oral care and maintenance, dental implants have the potential to last a lifetime. Regular dental check-ups, good oral hygiene practices, and avoiding habits like smoking can contribute to the longevity of your dental implants.
Am I too old for dental implants?
Age is not necessarily a barrier to getting dental implants. As long as you have sufficient jawbone density and are in good overall health, dental implants may be a viable option regardless of your age.
How long does the dental implant process take?
The entire dental implant process can take several months, including the healing period after implant placement. Each case is unique, and the timeline will be discussed in detail during your treatment planning at Park Place Dental Practice. Our experienced implant team will guide you through every step of your implant journey, ensuring a seamless and comfortable experience.
Can I get dental implants if I have gum disease?
For dental implants to be successful, it’s crucial to have healthy gums and sufficient jawbone support. If you have gum disease, our dental team will work with you to address the condition and determine the best course of action for your oral health.
Is the dental implant procedure safe?
Rest assured that dental implant surgery is a safe and well-established procedure. Our maxillofacial surgeon and dental professionals have extensive experience in implant surgery, ensuring precision and excellent results.
Can dental implants be used to replace multiple teeth?
Absolutely! Dental implants can replace a single tooth, several missing teeth, or even an entire set of teeth. These treatments where a complete arch of teeth are replaced tend to known as “Same Day Teeth” or “Teeth in a Day,” or by their treatment names of All-on-4 or All-on-6.
However many implants you require, our implant team will design a tailored treatment plan to restore your smile with the most suitable solution
How do dental implants compare to traditional dentures or bridges?
Unlike traditional dentures or bridges that rest on the gums or adjacent teeth, dental implants are fixed securely into the jawbone, offering superior stability and preventing any slipping or discomfort while eating and speaking.
What are the particular benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants offer numerous advantages, such as improved aesthetics, enhanced oral function, and the preservation of remaining teeth and facial structure. They feel and function like natural teeth, allowing you to regain your smile’s appearance and confidence.
How long do dental implants last?
With proper care, dental implants can last for many years, and in some cases, a lifetime. Their durability and longevity make them a cost-effective and reliable solution for tooth replacement.
Can dental implants help prevent bone loss?
Yes, dental implants can help prevent bone loss in the jaw. The titanium posts act as artificial tooth roots, stimulating the jawbone and promoting osseointegration, which preserves the bone’s density and structure.
How do I take care of my dental implants?
Caring for your dental implants is similar to caring for your natural teeth. Regular brushing, flossing, and attending routine dental check-ups are essential to maintain optimal oral health and the longevity of your implants.
Are dental implants suitable for everyone?
While dental implants are a highly successful dental treatment, not everyone may be an ideal candidate. Our consultation will help determine if you’re a suitable candidate for implant treatment, and we’ll discuss alternative options if needed.
At Park Place Dental Practice, we’re committed to providing excellent dental care and personalized solutions to all our patients. Our team of qualified dentists, along with our caring staff, is dedicated to improving your oral health and enhancing your smile. Whether you need a single implant, implant-supported dentures, or multiple implants, we are here to meet your unique needs.
Book Your Consultation Today
Don’t let missing teeth affect your quality of life. Take the first step towards a healthier, happier smile by scheduling a free consultation with our experienced implant dentist. Let us guide you through the possibilities of dental implant treatment and help you achieve a smile that looks, feels, and functions just like your natural teeth.
About the Park Place Dental Practice
General Dental Council (GDC) Registered: Our practice and dentists are GDC registered, ensuring you receive high-quality dental care from qualified professionals.
Private Dentist in Cardiff: As a private dental practice in Cardiff, we offer personalised and attentive care to all our patients.
Phone: 029 2037 3831
Address: 3-4 Park Pl, Cardiff CF10 3DP
How to find us
Out-of-hours Emergency Cover
Whenever possible, please contact us during normal surgery hours. In extreme emergencies more details can be found below.