Lip Fillers Cardiff
Welcome to Park Place Dental in Cardiff, a recognised hub for aesthetic and cosmetic treatments. Embarking on a journey towards an enhanced smile? This guide is your trusted companion, shedding light on the topic of lip fillers.
Understanding Lip Fillers
Definition and Purpose
At its core, lip filler treatment is about giving lips a tad more volume and shape. It’s a non-surgical method to provide a natural-looking enhancement, ensuring that lips harmoniously align with one’s facial features.
The magic behind our lip fillers? Hyaluronic acid. This component, found within the skin, has the unique ability to attract moisture, delivering unparalleled hydration and fostering skin elasticity.
Differences Between Lip Fillers and Botox
Lip fillers and Botox, two popular aesthetic treatments, have distinct roles. While lip fillers address volume, Botox zeroes in on anti-wrinkle injections to smooth facial lines.
Why Consider Lip Fillers?
With age, or due to external factors like sun damage, lips might become thinner or show pronounced lines. Lip fillers offer a revitalised look, addressing those thin lips and enhancing contour.
The Lip Filler Procedure at Park Place Dental
- Consultation: Before diving in, we host a comprehensive lip filler consultation – a space to discuss the best approach for your unique features. Every injectable treatment is bespoke, tailored to each client.
- Procedure: First, we apply a topical anaesthetic cream to numb the area. Then, our qualified practitioner, with an understanding of facial anatomy, injects the filler. Each session, depending on the client, takes around an hour.
- Aftercare and Downtime: Some may notice bruise or redness, often subsiding within 24 hours after the procedure. Ibuprofen might be suggested, and brief respite from strenuous activities is usually recommended to ensure the best final result.
Benefits of Choosing Park Place Dental
- Qualified Practitioner: Adhering to guidelines from the cosmetic society and WACS, you’re always in safe hands with our medically-backed approach.
- Natural Results: Striking the perfect balance, we aim for a plumper look that remains subtly you, ensuring you get the lips you’ve always dreamt of.
- Safety Assurance: Safety is paramount. Using lip fillers made from hyaluronic acid, we promise treatments that are both effective and safe to use.
What is the difference between lip fillers and Profhilo?
Both lip fillers and Profhilo treatments make use of the hydrating properties of hyaluronic acid. However, while lip fillers are designed to specifically enhance the volume and shape of the lips, Profhilo is more about rejuvenating the skin as a whole. Profhilo focuses on overall skin hydration and firmness, offering a more holistic approach to skin health and vitality.
How long do the effects of lip fillers last?
The effects of lip fillers can vary depending on individual factors like metabolism, lifestyle, and the area treated. Generally, the benefits of the treatment can be enjoyed for anywhere between 6 to 12 months. It’s always a good idea to have regular consultations to ensure the desired look is maintained.
Can lip fillers be dissolved if I change my mind or want to adjust the results?
Yes, indeed. One of the benefits of using hyaluronic acid-based fillers is that they can be dissolved if needed. A specific solution can be injected to safely and effectively dissolve the filler, returning the lips to their original state or allowing for adjustments.
How much filler is typically used in a single session?
While the amount can vary based on personal desires and the unique shape of your lips, the average amount is around 1ml. However, during your lip filler consultation, the exact amount will be bespoke tailored to your specific needs to ensure the most natural-looking results.
What should one expect in the weeks following the treatment?
Following the procedure, it’s not uncommon to experience mild redness, bruising, or swelling. This typically subsides within a day or two. Over the subsequent weeks, the lips settle into their new shape, with the final result fully visible a few weeks post-procedure. It’s advised to avoid strenuous activities and direct sunlight for a few days after the treatment to ensure optimal healing.
Are there any precautions I should take before or after getting lip fillers?
Before the treatment, it’s beneficial to avoid medications or supplements that can thin the blood, such as aspirin or fish oil, as they might increase the risk of bruising. After the procedure, as mentioned, it’s wise to keep out of direct sunlight and avoid any rigorous activities for a day or two. Remember, every individual’s recovery can vary, so always follow the specific aftercare advice provided during your lip filler consultation.
Remember, it’s always best to consult directly with our team at Park Place Dental in Cardiff for any specific queries or concerns you might have. We’re here to guide you every step of the way!
How to find us
Out-of-hours Emergency Cover
Whenever possible, please contact us during normal surgery hours. In extreme emergencies more details can be found below.