The countdown to no-smoking day 2015 has begun! If you’re thinking of giving up then let March 11th 2015 be your day!
Let’s face it there’s not much kudos in smoking these days. Over time your health deteriorates and your wallet feels the burn too.
Quitting won’t be the easiest thing you’ll ever do but here at Churchill Dental we reckon it will be up there with the best.
Smoking is also a risk factor for oral cancer as well as many other cancers.
Did you also know that a person is more than twice as likely to have oral cancer if they smoke and drink alcohol?
Smoking also increases the risk of periodontal disease, reduces the benefits of periodontal treatment and increases your chance of losing your teeth.
Become a healthier you – the benefits of stopping smoking start straight away.
- After 20 minutes your heart rate and blood pressure return to normal
- Within 8-24 hours nicotine and carbon monoxide start to leave your body and oxygen levels return to normal
- 24 hours and your lungs start to clear out mucus and other smoking debris
- 48-72 hours later your sense of smell and taste both improve
- 2-12 weeks exercise becomes easier and your breathing improves
- 3-9 months any coughs, wheezing and breathing problems are reduced as your lungs repair
- After a year your risk of coronary heart disease is now half that of a smoker
The other really satisfying thing about quitting is the benefits never really end. The financial benefits of quitting soon add up too!
If you’re a 20 a day smoker you will save:
- £8.50 in 1 day
- £59.50 in a week
- £255.00 in 1 month
- £765.00 in 3 months
- £1,530.00 in 6 months
- £3,102.50 in 1 year
Think of all the things you could treat yourself to with £3,102.50!
There is help out there to quit. We offer smoking cessation advice here at Churchill Dental or you can sign up to local services, consider quitting aids or venture online to www.nonsmokingday.org.uk